Feedback Thoughts

Source: Why Rejection Hurts So Much

I found out that I am heavily self-critical and I always put myself down every time I fail. In the past, this self-critical mindset had prevented me from doing things I want to do. However, I changed my mindset and become less critical of myself. I do what I want and every time I fail, I try to learn from my mistakes and then move on. I also try to remove my fear of rejection and step out of my comfort zone. I realized that my self-worth is not based on how many likes I get on Instagram but instead it is based on how I thought of myself. What helps me changed this mindset are meditation and setting some time to do what I enjoy like going on a drive or playing video games. Furthermore, I try to build connections and socialize with my family and close friends.

Source: Seven Ways to Crush your Self-Doubt

1. Don't Compare Yourself to Others - Throughout my life, this was the leading cause of my unhappiness. However, something shifted the past year and after some introspection, I became a healthier and happier version of myself.

2. Abandon Perfectionism - This is still a huge problem for me as it is the main reason I procrastinate. I don't start on my assignments unless I know I can finish it in one sitting. I also take longer than others to finish my assignment because I nitpick every detail in my work. I want to work on this idea this semester by setting goals. For larger projects, my goal would be to work on it a few hours at a time instead of working on it in one sitting. 

3. Be Vulnerable to a Trusted Community - I will try to work on this as well because right now I only have one friend to confide in. I don't have a healthy outlet to let out my emotions and frustrations. However, I want to try to be more open with people starting this semester. 

4. Embrace a Growth Mindset - I don't think I need to work on this as much as the others. I am adaptable and always welcome new positive ideas. I continue to try to become a better version of myself one step at a time and this includes my mindset. 

5. Set Goals that are within your control - I always try to set a goal everyday and this helped me accomplish so much during college. For example, every night I write down what assignments I have to do the next day and also chores and hobbies. This help me stay on track of my goals.

6. Treat Your Work like an Experiment - This concept is the same as learning from mistakes. I adopted this concept as a way to improve myself, referring to (4). 

7. Trust Yourself - I have always doubted myself and also suffer from overthinking. This trust in myself needs to be build one day at a time. Right now, I trust myself in my decision of taking this class and going into the medical field. I also trust myself in my decision to take a trip to OKC once every week as it is my way of releasing stress.

Source: Specter of Failure


Comments

Popular Posts