Topic Brainstorm

Source: Transcending the Afterlife: Ghost Tales from Northern Europe 

I chose this topic because I like to write about ghost stories. The writing was based on regular storytelling with descriptions and dialogues. The diction used was based on the settings like "aye lass," indicating that it is European dialect (Irish). The pictures and font also added a spooky element to the storybook as a whole. I might use some of these elements to my own storybook.

Source: Legends of the Haunted Hitchhikers

It is another storybook with supernatural elements. However, it is set up like a formal detective murder case. It has dates, location, and the point of view of the people who had experience of the supernatural (1st person). The font and wording under black background makes it easier to read. This storytelling also added an element of true crime where the victims died and became ghosts. 

Source: Ancient Tales and Folklore of Japan

I want to do something similar to the topic of this storybook. I am familiar with a lot of Japanese folklore and I want write about it but instead of just folklore, I want to write horror stories based on Japanese legends. The storytelling is in first person point of view with dialogues. I do not like the white background as it does not match the mood of the stories. 

Source: Japanese Lessons from the Crypt: 13 Scary Stories That Teach Language and Culture

I chose this blog because it gives me a list of Japanese spirits and ghosts to write about. The blog also included the name of the supernatural beings in Japanese font which can help me with diction. I want to write horror stories about phobias but based on some of these horror stories. Furthermore, I also want to use Junji Ito's work an inspiration for my stories. Most likely I will write it in third person point of view. 

Legend of the White Snake. Source: Wikimedia


Comments

Popular Posts