Week 10 Lab: TVTropes

In this lab, I explored the different aspects of the horror genre. I picked these three because it relates to the yurei in my story project.

Facial Horror

Audiences would get disturbed by the thought of something horrible happening to our faces. The face is strongly use for socializing and personal identity. In my story, Kuchisake-onna or the Slit-Mouthed Woman has her face sliced from cheek to cheek. 

Power-Upgrading Deformation

The character or creature will be much stronger and look inhuman or horrendous. In my story, Teke-Teke was a girl who got cut in half on the train track and came back a malevolent spirit. She is missing her bottom half of the body and walk using her hands. She possessed a superhuman speed and can catch up to a speeding car. 

Independent Limb

I'm not sure if the head is considered a limb but if it is, then Nukekubi would belong in this category. They are similar to vampires and can detached their head at night and the head can fly around to find prey to drain blood from. 

Scary Nun at Pixabay

Comments

Popular Posts