Week 7 Story: Most Powerful Man on Earth

 

Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman at Voicesfilm

On a beautiful summer day, a farmer couple were out tending the field when all of a sudden, they noticed a meteorite shooting down. When they get closer to the crash site, they noticed that it was not a meteorite but actually a small spaceship. They approached it and the spaceship suddenly open, revealing a baby boy. The couple take the child in as their own and named him Clark. 

As the child grew older, the couple realized that this child is extraordinary. Clark was able to fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, ice breath, super strength, and is indestructible. Eventually, he became a superhero known as Superman. Superman fights villains everyday and eventually realized that they won't stop. His "no killing" rule is getting in the way of justice. Letting the villains live lead to the cost of many innocent lives to be taken. Why does he have to follow the rule? He is the most powerful man after all. 

The action of Superman lead to a drastic decline in crime in exchange for a totalitarian regime. The other superheroes became afraid of Superman and noticed that he became power hungry and he will do whatever it takes for the sake of justice. An anti-regime group formed and the person leading it is Batman. He understood that no one can win against Superman and also knows that the only weakness Superman has is Kryptonite. While the other heroes hold Superman back to buy time, Batman spent his time creating a secret weapon, a container to hold him at bay. 

The arrogance of Superman was his downfall. His belief that no one can beat him made him drop his guard. Batman led Superman into his compound and trapped him in the Kryptonite prison. The Kryptonite sapped Superman's powers and left him powerless. Superman remains in his prison guarded by specialized superheroes and there he will stay for an indefinite amount of time.


Author's Note: I based this story on "The Monkey King." In the story, the Ape King became so powerful that no other celestial warriors can match him. He became arrogant and when he made a wager with the Buddha, the Buddha trapped him under a mountain with magical incantations and he stayed there for hundreds of years. This part of the story reminded me of the story from the game "Injustice" so I based my story on that. In the story, Superman's lover got killed and then Superman became a totalitarian dictator. He fought the anti-regime and lost to Batman. In the end, he became imprisoned under an inescapable jail, just like the Ape King. This week has been rough so this is the best I can come up with.

Bibliography: "The Monkey King" edited by R. Wilheim and translated by Frederick H. Martens. source

 

Comments

  1. Howdy Tony! I love your take on "The Monkey King" here. The imprisoning an all-powerful being for eternity trope seems to have been around forever and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I wonder if "The Monkey King" might've been one of the first instances of it. I really appreciate how to-the-point you are here, there's no beating around the bush. Just the story with nothing superfluous to detract from it, very much like classic folklore tellings. Great work!

    P.S. If you like "Injustice" I'd recommend taking a look at a similar Batman vs Superman story in "The Dark Knight Returns"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony.
    I enjoyed your telling of the Monkey King. I like how you changed the story and used superheroes. It felt like I was reading a comic. It also reminded me a little of Batman's actions in the animated Justice League : Doom. It would be impossible to defeat Superman without knowing his weakness. Even with a rough week, you still told a solid story! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tony!
    I am not familiar with the story of the Monkey King, so I had no idea where your story was going. I love superheroes, both DC and Marvel so I was very interested in your story! It was fun and a cool twist on Superman that I wasn't expecting. Hopefully I will be back to read your stories soon, as these types of topics are super fun and interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tony,
    I am sorry you had a rough week, but you made it through! I loved your origin story for Superman, what a cool twist. I like the perspective and may attempt it in my future stories as well. I wonder how Superman got out, possibly a sequel is necessary! I am not super familiar with all of the super hero movies, but I did at least know the kryptonite fact! Good job on the story, keep pushing through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tony,
    This was a fun telling of the Monkey King! It definitely made the story much more entertaining to be read in a familiar and exciting setting like the DC universe. The correlations between the tale of the Monkey King and the Injustice story line are very clear and seems to be a classic tale used in many settings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts